Cindy has been an HR Professional for over twenty-five years and has spent the last fifteen years serving the nonprofit sector exclusively. She is committed to equipping nonprofits and churches in attaining the highest levels of employee satisfaction and legal compliance, without sacrificing ministry objectives.
Cindy understands the spiritual aspects of business and the business aspects of spiritual endeavors, and her background in both areas allows her to help clients connect their ministry heart to their business sensibilities—especially as it relates to their employment practices. By bringing awareness to areas where clients may “not know what they don’t know” they will be better equipped to demonstrate the same level of excellence and commitment in their employment practices as they do in fulfilling their primary mission.
As a mentor to leaders in both the “human” and compliance sides of HR, Cindy will equip you to walk through the strategic and tactical sides of HR.
Cindy’s recently released the book, HR MATTERS: What You Don’t Know Can Hurt Your Ministry, is a first of its kind resource for both the “whys” and “hows” of demonstrating excellence as an employer. Click here for book info: HR Matters at Amazon.com
Cindy has two adult children and lives in Southern California. In addition to her work in HR, she has led prayer ministries and prayer teams both locally and globally for over two decades and is also a speaker, author, and blogger on various devotional topics.
● Leadership Coach/HR Issues – individuals
● Leadership Development/HR Issues – individuals & teams
● HR “Health Assessment”
● Employee Satisfaction Strategies
● Interim HR Leadership
● Leadership Coaching – One-on-One professional coaching on HR issues.
● Leadership Development –Supervisor training to enhance performance.
● HR Assessments for Organizations
● Developing Employee Satisfaction Strategies
● Interim HR Management
● Writing HR Polices, Employee Handbooks, Employee Communications.
TYPE OF NONPROFITS SERVED:
● Christian Camps & Conference Centers
● Global Missions Organizations
● Justice & Social Service Organizations
HR Management Certification, HR Management – California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
● HR Leadership Roles with:
● Olive Crest
● Forest Home Ministries
● Mission Aviation Fellowship
HR MATTERS: What You Don’t Know Can Hurt Your Ministry
“I have appreciated and relied on Cindy’s knowledge of HR for many years. She helps me reconcile my responsibilities as a nonprofit employer in the context of being a Christ follower and finds effective ways of accomplishing our goals without sacrificing our duties. Her compassion and love for others is always obvious even in the hard decisions. Cindy’s sage advice has been the best I have ever had as a nonprofit executive director!”
Pam Sousa, Pathways of Hope